- 6–8 cups cola
- 2 T The Jerk Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lb. 31–40 shrimp, shell on
Serves 4–6 as an appetizer
In a medium to large pot combine the cola, jerk seasoning, and garlic. Place over medium high heat and reduce by ¼ of the original volume. When the cola begins to thicken, add all of the shrimp. Boil shrimp in the cola mixture for 2–3 minutes, until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent. Remove shrimp from cola and serve with a cilantro pesto if desired.
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, cleaned well and stemmed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, cleaned well and stemmed
- 2 T almonds, toasted and cooled
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 T olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
In blender, combine garlic, parsley, cilantro, almonds, and lemon juice and salt. Puree. Add olive oil in slow, steady stream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with Cola-Jerk Shrimp.