- 1 cup olive oil or Alchemy Italian Cooking & Dipping Oil
- 2 tbsp., ¼ tsp. Bella Garlique
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella (unsalted)
- 1 Italian loaf or baguette, sliced
- 2 fresh, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped very fine
- salt and pepper
- smoked salmon, sliced thin
- fresh basil, chopped
Mix Bella Garlique, olive oil, and mozzarella; allow the mozzarella to marinate for at least 24 hours. When ready to serve, toast bread under broiler until crispy and golden. Slice mozzarella; reserve oil. Mix tomatoes and onion with ¼ tsp. Bella Garlique; salt and pepper to taste. Layer mozzarella, tomatoes mixture, then salmon. Garnish with fresh basil, capers, and drizzle with reserved olive oil.
Note: If using Alchemy Italian Cooking & Dipping Oil, simply omit the Bella Garlique from the oil mixture.