- 8 small red potatoes, cut into four chunks each
- 16 stalks of asparagus, tough ends removed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bread, preferably ciabatta, toasted
- ¼–½ cup Colby-jack cheese or any cheese of your choice, shredded
- Voo Doo Powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Other Recipes Needed:
- Summer Salad with Bella Balsamic Dressing
- Blackend Chicken, Steak, Catfish, Salmon, Tuna, Scallops or Shrimp
Plan your blackening preparations (see Blackening, Alchemy Cookbook). If you are using charcoal or wood fire, you will obviously need to have these prepared in advance. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast bread. Shred Cheese. Prepare salad and dressing but do not yet combine the two. Season potatoes and asparagus stalks with oil, salt, and pepper. Place potato chunks on oiled cookie sheet and roast in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes; add asparagus and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
To plate, place ¼ of the salad on the bottom-center of the plate. Set each open-faced sandwich down the center of the salad. Lastly, scatter potato wedges around the salad and enjoy.
Note: This recipe produces a complete and attractive meal. Blackening the chicken creates a juicy, flavorful final result as well as a striking textural piece for presentation.
If you don’t feel up for the hub-bub of blackening, simply use Voo-Doo Powder as a seasoning for your chicken and pan-sauté indoors.