- ½ lb. chicken (boiled, deboned, stock reserved)
- 1 lb. boiled shrimp (peeled, stock reserved)
- 1 package smoked sausage (sliced)
- ½ stalk of celery, chopped
- 3 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1-3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 12 oz. beer
- 3 tbsp. of Bayou Ya-Ya
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- salt, pepper, hot sauce
In a large stock pot, sautée celery, onions, green and jalapeno peppers in olive oil until soft. Add chicken, shrimp, sausage, and remaining ingredients to vegetables, adding enough stock to hydrate three cups of rice (start with 4.5 cups and add more as needed). Cook until flavors are well-blended and rice is tender. Season to taste.
Note: This recipe can be halved as needed; note, however, that jambalaya can be frozen in a well-sealed container or bag to be reheated at a later date.